PH Govt places 28 more areas under Alert Level 3 from January 14-31, 2022

cdo-alert-level-3-january-14-31-2022

With the alarming surge of COVID-19 cases in the country, the Philippine government has placed 28 more provinces and cities under the more stringent Alert Level 3 on Wednesday, January 12.

In a statement, Acting Presidential Spokesperson Karlo Nograles said the new classification level for the additional areas will take effect on Friday, January 14, and would end on January 31.

Below are the new areas under Alert Level 3.

Luzon

  • La Union
  • Ilocos Norte
  • Pangasinan
  • Benguet
  • Kalinga
  • Abra
  • Nueva Vizcaya
  • Isabela
  • Quirino 
  • Nueva Ecija
  • Tarlac
  • Quezon Province
  • Occidental Mindoro
  • Oriental Mindoro
  • Camarines Sur
  • Albay

Visayas

  • Bacolod City
  • Aklan
  • Capiz
  • Antique
  • Cebu City
  • Mandaue City
  • Tacloban City

Mindanao

  • Cagayan de Oro City
  • Davao City
  • Butuan City
  • Agusan del Sur
  • Cotabato City

The rest of the provinces and cities not included in the list will remain under their current alert level status, Nograles said.

Last week, Metro Manila was placed back under Alert Level 3 due to the spiking new COVID-19 infections. – WhatALife.ph

Source: (1)


Also Read: WHO: Omicron may replace Delta as dominant COVID-19 variant in the Philippines