Cagayan de Oro City Mayor Oscar Moreno said Thursday to ease quarantine restrictions only after a sustained decline of local coronavirus disease (COVID-19) cases for the next two weeks.
“Hopefully between now and November 30 (that’s our target). We want to relax our restrictions but the problem is if we ease the restrictions and the case numbers don’t favor us, it’s like hammering nails on our collective skulls,” Moreno said during Thursday (November 19) noon’s press briefing.
Moreno made the statement as the city recorded 28 new COVID-19 cases of 10 PM on November 18. (READ: Cagayan de Oro coronavirus cases rise to 2,116)
The slight increase came four days after the city recorded ten to fewer than ten local COVID-19 cases while registering 21 to 30 recoveries. With the 28 new cases, the city now has a cumulative total of 2,116 confirmed COVID-19 cases so far, out of which 575 are active or ongoing cases, said acting City Health Officer Dr. Lorraine Nery.
“Lisod na kaayo i-relax imong restrictions kay ang imong (It’s very hard to ease our restrictions since our) environment must approximate the situation on the ground. If our situation improves, it means that the public mindset and behavior changed for the better and our non-pharmaceutical interventions are working,” Moreno said.
—(Source: City Information Office)