The International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women, marked every year on November 25, is a global advocacy effort aimed at preventing and eliminating violence against women.
Women worldwide continue to face unacceptable levels of violence.
According to the World Health Organization (WHO), nearly 1 in 3 women worldwide have experienced either physical and/or sexual intimate partner violence or non-partner sexual violence in their lifetime.
The coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic has further contributed to the increasing risks of violence, particularly domestic violence against women.
If you are experiencing violence during COVID-19:
- Don’t hesitate to Reach Out to supportive family friends or neighbors;
- Call a hotline or access information online if possible;
- Seek out local services for survivors.
- PNP Hotline: 177
- Aleng Pulis Hotline: 0919 777 7377
- PNP Women and Children Protection Center
- 24/7 AVAWCD Office: (02) 8532-6690
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Public Attorney’s Office (PAO)
- Hotline: (02) 8929-9436 local 106, 107, or 159 (local “0” for operator)
- (+62) 9393233665
- Email address: email@example.com
Inter-Agency Council on Violence Against Women and their Children
- Mobile numbers: 09178671907 | 09178748961
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Other VAW Hotlines
Watch the first episode of the Online Talakayan towards VAW-free Barangays, it’s all aVAWt, below.