With the spike of COVID-19 cases in the city, the Northern Mindanao Medical Center (NMMC) announced that they will “slow down” its general and basic services and increase its response to COVID-19 patients.
NMMC Liaison officer Dr. Bernard Julius Rocha said there are 104 COVID-19 patients admitted in EREID enclosures, the highest since last year, as of Monday, May 10.
“NMMC operations will be slowing down to increase our response to COVID 19 patients,” Dr. Rocha said.
Despite the decrease in general services, Dr. Rocha clarifies that NMMC will still accommodate limited elective surgeries, as well as OPD and other basic services.
He asked the public’s consideration and patience, reminding NMMC is the only COVID referral hospital in the region and serves other provinces aside from Cagayan de Oro.
Watch Monday afternoon’s press briefing below.
At 12:15, Dr. Rocha mentioned that NMMC will “slow down” its general and basic services to increase its response to COVID-19 cases for the next two weeks.
Dr. Rocha also reminded that residents and non-residents may avail themselves of the telekonsulta to avoid physical visitation in NMMC.
—(Source: City Information Office)