The letters that form the word ‘Google’ can be seen wearing masks and observing a distance apart from each other.
Search engine giant Google highlights the importance of wearing masks to prevent the spread of the deadly COVID-19 infection on Monday, May 10, until Wednesday.
“Masks are still important. Wear a mask and save lives,” Google Doodle description read.
As COVID-19 continues to impact communities worldwide, Google also shared helpful tips on how to “stop the spread” of the contagious virus.
Google urges the public to “[p]rotect yourself and others around you by knowing the facts and taking appropriate precautions. Follow the advice provided by your local health authority.”
To prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- Clean your hands often.
- Use soap and water, or an alcohol-based hand rub.
- Maintain a safe distance from anyone who is coughing or sneezing.
- Wear a mask when physical distancing is not possible.
- Don’t touch your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Cover your nose and mouth with your bent elbow or a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
- Stay home if you feel unwell.
- If you have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical attention.
Google added: “[c]alling in advance allows your healthcare provider to quickly direct you to the right health facility. This protects you, and prevents the spread of viruses and other infections.”
While Google highlighted the importance of masks, they also encourage people to continue observing physical distancing and practicing hand hygiene since “masks alone do not protect against COVID-19.”
—(Source: Google Doodle)