President Rodrigo Duterte said Wednesday that the public is no longer be required to wear face shields outdoors.
During his prerecorded Talk to the People, Duterte announced that he approved the recommendation of the Technical Advisory Group (TAG) to limit the use of face shields to the so-called “3Cs,” which refers to “closed and crowded” spaces, and activities that “promote close contact.”
The president also ordered that the implementation and guidelines on the latest policy on the use of face shields be done “immediately.”
“Puwede na tanggalin sa labas. No more face shields outside. Ang limitasyon, ang face shield gamitin mo [sa] three ‘Cs’,” Duterte said. “Iyang tatlo na iyan, face shield is a must pa rin. Iyan ang recommendation.”
(You no longer need to use that outside. No more face shields outside. The limitation is to use a face shield in three ‘Cs,’ he said. Face shield is still a must in three [‘Cs]. That’s the recommendation.)
Previously, Duterte told the public that while wearing a face shield could not guarantee “complete protection,” it could still control the transmission of COVID-19 in the country, PNA reported.
A study conducted by the Lancet, a leading international medical journal, found that wearing a mask can decrease the risk of catching COVID-19 by 78 percent. And wearing a face shield in addition to the mask can cut by 85 percent. – WhatALife.ph