Quarantine or not, here are ten ways to prepare your instant noodles other than just following the back packet’s instructions.
1 | Malunggay Noodles
Ingredients: 1 packet of instant ramen noodles (preferably beef flavor), 2 cups moringa leaves (malunggay), 1 egg (beaten), 2 cloves garlic (minced), 1 stack green onion (finely chopped), 3 cups of water, 1/2tsp. Maggi soy sauce, 1tbsp. Oil (Olive oil, optional)
- In a preheated pan, saute garlic and spring onion for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Add noodles, 3 cups of hot water, as well as the seasoning packet and 1/2 tsp of Maggi soy sauce (optional) for taste.
- Simmer for 2 mins before adding one beaten egg.
- Let it simmer again for about a minute before adding the malunggay leaves.
- Simmer again for 30 seconds before serving.
2 | Tomato Ketchup Noodles
Ingredient: 1 packet instant ramen noodles, tomato ketchup, water
Direction: Just add 1 tablespoon of tomato ketchup while cooking the noodles. Let it simmer for about 2-3 minutes before serving.
3 | Milk Noodles
Ingredient: 1 packet instant ramen noodles, water, whole milk (NOT skim milk), pepper flakes, green onion(optional)
- In a boiling pan, simmer noodles in 2-3 cups of water.
- When the noodles are cooked for about 90 percent, drain the water using a strainer.
- Add about 350 ml of milk, then boil the noodles again.
- Add 1/2 tablespoon of pepper flakes and some chopped green onions (optional).
- Simmer for 2-3 minutes before serving.
4 | Kujirai Ramyun
Ingredient: 1 packet of Korean ramyun / any instant ramen noodles, ½ of ramyun powder/instant noodles’ seasoning, 1 egg, 1 sliced cheese, green onion
- In a frying pan, pour 350 ml of water.
- When the water starts to boil, add the noodles and half of its seasoning powder
- Change the heat to medium heat and put an egg in the center.
- Then place some sliced cheese and green onions on top.
- Put the lid on and wait for 30-40 seconds to cook the egg, before serving.
5 | Spring Onion Noodles
Ingredient: 1 packet of instant ramen noodles, green onion (chopped), pork (sliced) or seafood/beef (optional), garlic, onion (minced), 550 ml of water
- Fry the green/spring onions and garlic, before adding the minced onions and sliced pork.
- Reduce the heat to medium, then pour the noodles’ seasoning before stir-frying.
- Then, pour 450 ml of water.
- When the noodles are about 90 percent cooked, pour the rest of the water (100 ml) and boil for about 30-40 seconds.
- Serve with sliced green onions on top.
6 | Tomato Egg Noodles
Ingredient: 1 packet of instant ramen noodles, water, tomato, onion, green onion, spicy chili pepper (optional), vinegar, 1 egg
- Boil 550 ml of water with 1/2 tomato and 1/4 sliced onion.
- When it starts to boil, add the ramyun powder.
- Mash the tomato and put the noodles in.
- Put some green onions and add some spicy chili peppers (optional).
- Add 1 teaspoon of vinegar.
- While it is boiling, beat an egg in another bowl and put it. Don’t stir it and boil a little more.
- Serve hot
7 | Fried Canton Noodles
Ingredients: 1 pack of Pancit Canton, Spring Onion (sliced), oil (for fry), 2 Eggs (beaten)
- Pre-heat 2-3 cups of water in a boiling pan, then add the Pancit canton noodles.
- Cook the noodles for 2-3 minutes.
- Move to a strainer and let the water drain.
- On the other hand, crack 2 eggs in a bowl, then add seasoning and sliced spring onions before beating them to combine.
- Add the noodles, before mixing it again.
- In a frying pan, pre-heat cooking oil and add the noodle-egg mixture.
- Fry until golden brown then serve.
8 | Canned Tuna with noodles, plus tomato sauce
Ingredients: Onion (sliced), garlic (sliced), 1 canned Tuna, salt & pepper for taste, tomato (sliced), tomato sauce (optional), 1 tbsp sugar, 1 tbsp soy sauce, cabbage (chopped), 3 packs of canton noodles
- Saute in a frying pan the onion, garlic, and tuna (without the sauce).
- Add salt and pepper for taste.
- Blend the sliced tomatoes together with a glass of water and tomato sauce (optional).
- Then, add the blended mixture to the frying pan.
- Add sugar and soy sauce, then mix.
- Add the chopped cabbage and noodles before mixing again until cook.
9 | Fried Canton noodles and sardines
Ingredients: 1 canned sardines, onion, garlic, ketchup, sugar, calamansi / vinegar, cornstarch, 2 eggs, salt & pepper to taste, carrots (optional)
- Separate sauce and fish using a strainer.
- For the sauce: saute onion and garlic, add sardine sauce with water, ketchup, half spoon of sugar, calamansi or vinegar, and cornstarch mixed with water. Mix to combine until sticky and set aside for later.
- Cook the noodles for 2-3 minutes.
- Smash the fish sardines then add 2 eggs and salt to taste.
- Mix the following ingredients into a bowl: noodles, onion, garlic, carrots (optional), and flour. Add a little pepper to taste then mix.
- Fry both sides until golden brown.
- Strain excess oil and serve with the sauce
10 | Noodle Crispy Fries
Ingredient: 1 ½ cup water, 1 cup cooking oil, 5 tbsp all-purpose, 1 pack of pancit, 1 egg, and 1 tbsp cornstarch
- Boil noodles in a 1 ½ cup water for 2-3 minutes. After that, drain the water and set aside.
- Mix flour and cornstarch, add a pinch of salt and pepper for taste.
- Crack egg and beat
- Mix special seasoning ina a bowl
- Mix cooked noddles with the seasoning before mixing into the egg mixture then coat with flour mixture
- Preheat pan before adding the coated noodles. Stir to prevent from sticking
- Fry until golden brown
- Drain excess oil and serve with dipping sauce
Do you have other instant noodle hacks you would like to share? Let us know in the comment section below!