Veteran actor Christopher de Leon tested positive for the coronavirus

covid-19-positive-boyet-de-leon

“Today, our doctor confirmed that I have COVID-19. I’ve had no recent travel history outside of the Philippines and no known contact with anyone who is positive to have the virus,” Veteran actor Christopher de Leon shared in his Instagram account Tuesday evening.

De Leon announced testing positive for the coronavirus (COVID-19) despite having no recent travel history abroad nor have any contact with known COVID-19 patients.

Nevertheless, with the nature of his work as an actor, it can be possible that he unknowingly interacted with one.

“[D]ue to the nature of my work in the entertainment business, I have interacted with many people. I, therefore, ask anyone who has come in contact me within the last week or two to observe stringent self-quarantine, observe for symptoms and follow the triage procedures published by the DOH, whether asymptomatic or not,” the 63-year-old actor said.

 

View this post on Instagram

 

To all my family and friends, especially in the entertainment business: Today, our doctor confirmed that I have COVID-19. I’ve had no recent travel history outside of the Philippines and no known contact with anyone who is positive to have the virus. However, due to the nature of my work in the entertainment business, I have interacted with many people. I therefore ask anyone who has come in contact me within the last week or two to observe stringent self-quarantine, observe for symptoms and follow the triage procedures published by the DOH, whether asymptomatic or not. Please cooperate with the authorities in their contact tracing efforts. My wife Sandy, daughter Mica & our kasambahay are in self quarantine at home. In this time of trial, we ask for your prayers and we continue to praise and thank the Lord for His goodness in our lives. Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. ( 1Thessalonians 5:18 ) Stay safe & GOD bless ! Christopher de Leon

A post shared by Bo de Leon (@sgt.pepper8) on

 

As of press time, the Department of Health (DOH) said that the confirmed cases in the country now stands at 187, with 45 new cases announced last night. Fortunately, another COVID-19 patient has successfully recovered, bringing the total recoveries to 4.

Meanwhile, the total number of deaths increased to 14, with two addition on Wednesday morning.

 

 

—(Source: CNN Philippines)

Blayce Malaya

Content and Media Specialist at WhatALife! Born under the star sign Gemini, Blayce first discovered her love for writing through journal writing. Then, she stumbled upon fiction writing in 2016 and explored student journalism in 2018. Despite an amateur, Blayce continues to thrive and deliver quality content to her readers.