CDO confirms 9th case of novel coronavirus

cdo-confirms-9th-covid-19-case

Cagayan de Oro City confirmed on Wednesday that a 62-year-old resident of Macanhan, Barangay Carmen, tested positive for coronavirus disease (COVID-19).

 

The woman was admitted to Northern Mindanao Medical Center (NMMC) on May 15 and died hours later after she took the COVID-19 swab test.

With this, the city government has mobilized again health workers, as well as the police force, to intensify measures to prevent new infections in and out of Macanhan, Barangay Carmen.

Mayor Oscar S. Moreno ordered the police and the Incident Management Team under the City Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Department to temporarily close off a community in Macanhan where the 62-year-old patient resided.

City Information Office

Moreno said the contact tracing started as soon as the woman was suspected to be COVID-19-infected last week, and it is ongoing.

He added that the community, especially the area around the woman’s house, needs to be cordoned off to regulate the movement of people in the place.

He said authorities would be strict as they position themselves at the strategic entrance and exit points of the community. Just like in Pinikitan in Barangay Camaman-an and Zayas in Barangay Carmen, where deceased patients infected with COVID-19 came from, no one would be allowed to enter or leave the Macanhan community without an acceptable reason during a quarantine period.

—(Source: City Information Office)

Blayce Malaya

Content and Media Specialist at WhatALife! Born under the star sign Gemini, Blayce first discovered her love for writing through journal writing. Then, she stumbled upon fiction writing in 2016 and explored student journalism in 2018. Despite an amateur, Blayce continues to thrive and deliver quality content to her readers.